Wednesday, September 8, 2010

restless

"In the way of righteousness there is life..." - Proverbs 12:28
 
God's way is the way of life and good things. That was the topic of discussion at last night's women's Bible study (we are studying the book of Proverbs).
 
Fitting, considering lately I have been struggling with some discontentment.
 
One of the verses we read last night had a marginal note in our study book (wish I could remember the actual verse and note--sorry) that expounded on the idea that pursuing God and God's best in our lives leads to joy, satisfaction, fulfillment, etc.
 
Like Saint Augustine prayed, I want to look to God alone for the satisfaction my heart desires. I am free to look elsewhere, but I won't find it anywhere else.
 
"Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our hearts are restless until they find their rest in thee." - Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment