Friday, December 4, 2009

thankful!

I know this is late for the thanksgiving-themed posts, but I just have to say that I am thankful for my awesome boss. I have not always had good bosses in the past (and I'm sure I'll have crappy ones again in the future), as I'm sure everyone can relate to. However, my current job is wonderful in many respects, one of them being that I'm blessed to have a boss who
-listens to her employees
-isn't a company robot (spouting the corporate line with a glassy-eyed, inhuman gaze that says "I've forgotten what it's like to be a real person")
-understands that her people have families and lives that often have to take priority over their jobs
-is known as "the best one" of the group of managers here
-somehow has mastered the mystical balance between being good at the functional day-to-day operations as well as being good at managing the people under her (most bosses are good at either one or the other; it's rare to find one who does both well)
-is just a nice person.
So yeah. In the current economic climate of joblessness and financial uncertainty, I am grateful every day that I have a job to go to at all--the other added bonuses of working here are ones I don't want to take for granted, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment